Employers today face an ever-increasing and complex myriad of legal requirements governing their work force. Copeland Cook’s Employment & Labor Law Group provides experienced representation and guidance to employers in all areas of the employer-employee relationship, from addressing day-to-day personnel matters to defending employment-based charges in litigation. Whether the employer is large or small; in the private or public sector; union or non-union, our services are tailored to reflect the unique needs of each employer we represent. Our Employment & Labor Law Group:
• Provides counsel when needed for day-to-day personnel matters and works with employers to develop long-term proactive strategies to prevent and resolve workplace disputes and litigation.
• Prepares personnel-related documents, including employee handbooks, policies, contracts, severance agreements, employee arbitration agreements, and non-competition, non-solicitation, confidentiality, and non-disclosure agreements.
• Provides management/supervisor training concerning Equal Employment and Opportunity laws, harassment, and supervisory skills.
• Reviews employee pay practices and provides compliance guidance with laws affecting wages, including the Fair Labor Standards Act.
• Assists employers in complying with health and safety laws, including a quick response team services to assist employers with Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA)/Mine Safety and Health Administration (MSHA) inspections and related issues.
• Investigates allegations of discrimination, harassment, improper business practices, and other employee misconduct.
• Assists with Affirmative Action Plans and Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP) audits and investigations.
• Provides guidance with labor issues, including union campaigning and elections, collective bargaining, and arbitration.