Practice Areas > Insurance & Risk Management Services
Partnering with Insurers to Fight Fraudulent Claims
Our Insurance Fraud team at Copeland Cook provides a wide range of legal services to assist insurers in the investigation of suspected or determined arson and many other types of suspected insurance fraud. We can assist from the time of the initial loss notice all the way through trial.
We provide full insurance fraud services, including:
- Provide tactical advice to the insurer during the initial investigation
- Draft reservation of rights letters
- Assist the insurer to obtain necessary documents and evidence
- Take examinations under oath
- Provide coverage opinions
- Draft denial letters
- Prepare and file declaratory judgment actions when appropriate.
An Important Firm Specialty for over 30 years
While many defense firms handle an occasional insurance-fraud claim, our Insurance Fraud team devotes a large portion of its day-to-day practice to handling insurance fraud matters and has done so for over 30 years. We have taken hundreds of examinations under oath involving a wide range of claims, including suspected or determined arson, staged theft, auto theft, fire loss, exaggerated contents and property loss, fraud/misrepresentation in the application for insurance, and misrepresentation and concealment by the insured during the presentation of the claim.
Up-to-Date Insurance Fraud Experts
The lawyers on our team understand the science of fire origin and cause, and keep ourselves constantly up-to-date on insurance-fraud topics. We regularly speak to insurance trade groups and claims offices on insurance fraud. And our lawyers have the trial experience necessary to win the insurance-fraud case at the courthouse.
Attorneys working in this practice area:
- Jim Moore Ridgeland Office
- Dale Russell Ridgeland Office
- Bradley Kelly Ridgeland Office
- Bill McDonough Gulfport Office
- Bill Whitfield Gulfport Office