At Copeland, Cook, Taylor & Bush, P.A., we are uncompromising in our pursuit of cultivating and maintaining a law firm of professionals and staff who are as diverse as the clients we serve and the communities in which we live and work. We value the differences among us, which provide a diversity of perspectives and experiences that strengthen our ability to provide solutions for the Firm and our clients.
We are also committed to fostering an inclusive environment that is based upon mutual respect and support, which we believe is essential to the success of our Firm. We strive to maintain and encourage a rich and vibrant workplace in order to attract and retain the best talent, to ensure that the Firm and our clients reap the strategic benefits of different perspectives.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion is shared by all in our firm, and is overseen by our Diversity Committee. Through the guidance of our Diversity Committee, we are focused on goals such as:
- Improving recruitment through the development of a diverse pipeline for hiring attorneys and staff;
- Prioritizing the development and retention of attorneys by providing effective initial orientation programs, ongoing skills seminars, and the active support and guidance of an experienced attorney mentor;
- Addressing work-life balance issues;
- Increasing relationships with diverse business partners; and
- Actively participating in community outreach and supporting organizations and activities that promote and foster diversity, including those related to the legal profession.
The Diversity Committee also provides oversight and direction on the needs of our internal culture, and provides information, education, and resources on how we can continue to cultivate respect for every member of our team.